Our friends up north in Portland remind us that there’s just one month left to submit your film for the Northwest Animation Festival! The final deadline is April 1. Screenings will be held on May 18-19 at the historic Hollywood Theatre in Portland Oregon. See website for details:
In their first year, the NAF screened 78 films from 9 countries, including two from Oscar nominees. They aim to make their second year even grander, showcasing the breadth of the animation world. All methods are represented: hand-drawn, computer-generated, stop-motion, pixilation, and experimental hybrids. All styles are welcome: hilarious, heart-warming, dark, cerebral, or abstract. The festival makes a point of showing films both from masters and remarkable amateurs.
This is a festival created by animators, for animators, and all lovers of animation. The aim is to bring together and inspire a community of artists, and expand audiences’ understanding of what can be done with the art form.
• Place of origin: Films may come from anywhere in the world.
• Length: Films may be of any length, short or long.
• Completion date: You may submit films made at any time during your life.
• Other festivals: You may show your work at other festivals simultaneously.
• Internet: You may show as much of your work online as you like.
You can submit everything electronically or by mail. For full instructions, visit the site.