The National Film Board Of Canada – in collaboration with ASIFA-San Francisco and the Walt Disney Family Museum – presents the latest works of Oscar-winner Torill Kove, Eva Cvijanovic, and other fine animators.
Torill Kove and Eva Cvijanovic will be there to discuss their work in person.
Sunday, Oct. 1, 2017 3:30 p.m.
Walt Disney Family Museum
104 Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94104
The presentation is FREE, but you must RSVP to Karl Cohen if you are certain that you will attend. Seating is very limited and we do not want any empty seats.
- Torill Kove's Threads, 2017, has been selected to be In the Toronto International Film Festival, Ottawa International
Animation Festival, Cinefest, Sudbury; and the Quebec City Film Festival. Torill, who is from Norway, won an Oscar in 2007 for The Danish Poet,
and her film My Grandmother Ironed the King's Shirts received an Oscar nomination in 2000. The Danish Poet
will also be shown.
- Eva Cvijanovic's Hedgehog's Home, 2017, has won a Special Mention, Berlin International Film Festival; Audience Award
and Special Jury Prize at the World Festival of Animated Film, Zagreb; Grand Prix in Animation at the Kinder Film Festival, Kyoto, Japan; and
the Young Audience Award, Annecy. It has been also been selected for the Holland Animation Film Festival, the Ottawa International Animation Festival,
New York Film Festival and for several other major events. Eva's Seasick 2013 will also be shown. Eva is from Bosnia.
- The Tesla World Light Matthew Rankin, 2017, Official Selection, Cannes International Critic’s Week
- Panoramic Chronicle – Lewis Trondheim & Jean-Mattieu Tanguy, (France) 2017
- Here and There – Diane Obomsawin, 2007
- Mynarski Death Plummet – Matthew Rankin, 2014
- I Like Girls Diane Obomsawin, Ottawa 2016. Grand Prize Winner, Best Narrative Short
- Sweet Childhood – Zviane (Canada), 2017